Sunday, January 11, 2009

Have you ever ran directly into a wall?

I don't mean a wall that you didn't know was there, like those glass ones that usually double as sliding doors. Definitely not what I mean. That's understandable. Those walls, doors whatever.... they're sneaky. Neither do I mean a gentle bump as you pass through a hallway.

No. What I mean is have you ever been in your living area (house, apartment, RV, whatever), a space that you're obviously comfortable and familiar with, and while on your way to the kitchen, for example, your body suddenly decides to take a detour and *BAM*. Suddenly the box of cookies you were thinking of jumps to the back of the line of things to think of. Behind the pain, behind the nausea caused by the pain, behind the curses you're making up as you go along, behind the blindness caused by the lights swirling behind your eyelids. Then, as you stare up at the ceiling, wondering how you ended up sprawled on the floor you realize... you're bleeding.

That is what I mean when I ask if you've ever ran directly into a wall.

For those of you who know what I'm talking about.: Good on you. For those of you who don't... keep a weather eye open. It's coming. And when it does... it's going to hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment